I would like to work for Eerdmans Publishing. Are you hiring?
Yes! We're currently hiring for these positions:
Field Sales Manager
Field Sales Manager
We are seeking a dynamic Field Sales Manager with strong sales experience to develop and execute long term and short term sales strategies across very diverse markets: trade, children's, and academic. We seek a professional with a proven track record in book sales and marketing, who is also creative and open to all the possibilities of the current and future marketplace. Knowledge of academic religious publishing is strongly preferred. Relocation to Grand Rapids, Michigan is required. This is a full time position reporting to the Director of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call on accounts in a variety of market segments, presenting new titles and key backlist titles, negotiating co-op spends, and following up to secure orders and re-orders
- Maintain relationships with accounts via phone calls, email, Edelweiss, and a variety of other sales tools
- Generate revenue growth from existing accounts and establish relationships with new accounts
- Attend various trade shows, conferences, and conventions around the country
- Create and implement promotions appropriate for each market segment
- Attend and participate in weekly sales and marketing meetings
- Wholesale book distributors
- National chains (general and religious trade)
- Library jobbers
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of sales/marketing experience (preferably in religious book publishing)
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing key account business
- Excellent organizational, analytical, presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Eerdmans titles as well as similar titles from other publishers
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Field Sales Manager."
Eerdmans Publishing, an independent, family owned publisher, is seeking to hire a full-time Publicity Manager with at least two years of relevant experience publicizing religious trade and/or academic titles.
The Publicity Manager will be responsible for cultivating relationships with the media and orchestrating media exposure for Eerdmans books and authors, and will help maintain a positive public image for the press. He or she will work with the Director of Marketing to plan and execute publicity campaigns for each of Eerdmans's 100+ adult titles per year, and will play a hands-on role in the writing and dissemination of pitches, press kits, and press releases; the management of review lists and review copy requests; and the coordination of author events and interviews.
- Creates and executes effective publicity plans
- Cultivates relationships with media contacts and bloggers
- Serves as key point of contact for authors on publicity matters
- Serves as key point of contact with outside publicists
- Creates and sends pitches, press kits, and press releases
- Pitches and helps coordinate author events and interviews
- Creates media review lists for each book, manages review copy requests, and helps grow the blogger review program
- B.A. in communications, journalism, English, marketing, or related field
- Two years of relevant experience in book marketing or publicity
- Energetic, creative, and media savvy (prior relationships a plus)
- A strong writer with a flair for crafting compelling pitches
- Highly organized and able to follow through on initiatives independently
- Disciplined yet flexible able to transition quickly between projects
- Familiar with the world of Christian trade and academic publishing
This is a full-time, in-house position located at our Grand Rapids, Michigan, offices. The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary and benefits, including medical/dental insurance, 401K, and paid time off.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Rachel Bomberger (email@example.com) with the subject line "Publicity Manager."
Do you use freelance editors? If so, how can I get on this list?
We routinely use freelance help and from time to time need to add new talent to our pool. If you would like to work with us (and our wonderful authors!), please send your resume or CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your interests and relevant training, knowledge, and experience. We work with freelance editors, proofreaders, and indexers, and we are especially interested in freelancers who can read and edit biblical languages.