Do you use freelance editors? If so, how can I get on the list?
Unlike many publishers, we meet most of our editorial and proofreading needs in-house. When we do need to use freelance editorial help, we turn to a list of people who have worked for us for some time. Only rarely do we need to add someone new to the list.
We would, however, be glad to see your resume. You may send it to our regular address:
Attn: Editorial Department
Eerdmans Publishing Co.
2140 Oak Industrial Dr. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
I would like to work for Eerdmans Publishing. Are you hiring?
Yes! We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Director of Sales
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Management, or Marketing.
About our Company
Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is an independent, family-owned company in business since 1911. We publish approximately 120 new books each year, primarily nonfiction, ranging from academic works on biblical studies, theology, and religious history to more popular titles on spirituality, social and cultural criticism, and biography. In addition, our children's imprint, Eerdmans Books for Young Readers, publishes critically acclaimed and award winning picture books and novels for children and young adults.
We are seeking a dynamic Sales Director, a seasoned executive with strong sales experience to develop and execute long term and short term sales strategies to effectively distribute Eerdmans' titles across very diverse markets: trade, academic, and children's. We seek a professional with a proven track record in book sales and marketing, who is also creative and open to all the possibilities of the current and future marketplace. We are looking for a highly organized individual, skilled at articulating vision and setting direction, who has strong managerial and analytical skills to direct sales strategies, collaborate with senior executives on Eerdmans' titles and offerings, and manage the sales team including field representatives, in-house customer service, and bookstore staff.
- Generate revenue growth for Eerdmans titles in U.S. trade, chains, key accounts, foreign trade, and distributors in both print and digital formats.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop new promotions.
- Manage 10 person sales team, including rights and permissions, special sales, and book club sales.
- Moderate weekly marketing and field sales manager meetings, and bi-annual Sales Conference.
- Participate in pricing, reprint, cover design, and children’s acquisition committees.
- Forecast and monitor sales goals. Prepare and present sales reports analyzing sales performance.
- Attend/coordinate industry related events and conferences.
- Collaborate with production team regarding reprint and on-demand print requirements.
- Manage catalog and co-op advertising.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Expertise in key sales channels and industry standards.
- Familiarity with the religious book market is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in systems.
- Ability to travel.
- Strong contacts within the publishing and academic communities.
- Creative thinking.
- Proven ability to manage a sales team.
Relocation to Grand Rapids is required. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, send letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line Director of Sales. No telephone calls.