Do you use freelance editors? If so, how can I get on the list?
Unlike many publishers, we meet most of our editorial and proofreading needs in-house. When we do need to use freelance editorial help, we turn to a list of people who have worked for us for some time. Only rarely do we need to add someone new to the list.
We would, however, be glad to see your resume. You may send it to our regular address:
Attn: Editorial Department
Eerdmans Publishing Co.
2140 Oak Industrial Dr. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
I would like to work for Eerdmans Publishing. Are you hiring?
Yes, we are! This position is currently open:
Field Sales Manager
About our Company:
Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, located in Grand Rapids, MI, is an independent, family-owned company in business since 1911. We publish approximately 120 new books each year, primarily nonfiction, ranging from academic works on biblical studies, theology, and religious history to more popular titles on spirituality, social and cultural criticism, and biography. In addition, our children's imprint, Eerdmans Books for Young Readers, publishes critically acclaimed and award winning picture books and novels for children and young adults.
We are seeking a dynamic Field Sales Manager with strong sales experience to develop and execute long term and short term sales strategies across very diverse markets: trade, children's, and academic. We seek a professional with a proven track record in book sales and marketing, who is also creative and open to all the possibilities of the current and future marketplace. Knowledge of academic religious publishing is strongly preferred. Relocation to Grand Rapids, Michigan is required. This is a full time position reporting to the Director of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call on accounts in a variety of market segments, presenting new titles and key backlist titles, negotiating co-op spends, and following up to secure orders and re-orders
- Maintain relationships with accounts via phone calls, email, Edelweiss, and a variety of other sales tools
- Generate revenue growth for existing accounts and establish relationships with new accounts
- Attend various trade shows, conferences, and conventions
- Create and implement promotions appropriate for each market segment
- Attend and participate in weekly sales and marketing meetings
- Wholesale book distributors
- National chains (general and religious trade)
- Library jobbers
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of sales/marketing experience (preferably in religious book publishing)
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing key account business
- Excellent organizational, analytical, presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Eerdmans titles as well as similar titles from other publishers
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com
with subject line: Field Sales Manager.