I would like to work for Eerdmans Publishing. Are you hiring?
Yes! We're currently hiring a Publicity Manager:
Eerdmans Publishing, an independent, family-owned publisher, is seeking to hire a full-time Publicity Manager with at least three years of relevant experience publicizing or marketing booksideally within the religious trade or academic markets.
The Publicity Manager will be responsible for cultivating media relationships and securing media exposure for Eerdmans books and authors, and will help maintain a positive public image for the press. She or he reports to the Director of Marketing and will plan and execute publicity campaigns for each of Eerdmans's 100+ adult and children's titles per year. The Publicity Manager will play the leading role in the writing and dissemination of pitches, press kits, and press releases. She or he is also responsible for supervising the Publicity Coordinator in the management of review copy lists, review copy requests, database maintenance, and the monitoring, processing, and dissemination of publicity clippings.
- Creates and executes effective publicity plans
- Cultivates relationships with media contacts at print, broadcast, and online outlets
- Serves as point of contact for authors on publicity process
- Serves as point of contact with outside publicity agencies
- Creates and sends pitches, press kits, and press releases
- Pitches and helps coordinate author events and interviews
- Supervises the Publicity Coordinator role
- B.A. in communications, journalism, English, marketing, or related field
- Three to six years of relevant experience in book marketing or publicity
- Superior news judgment and knowledge of religious and book media landscape (prior relationships preferred)
- Strong writer capable of crafting compelling pitches
- Highly organized and able to follow through on initiatives independently
- Disciplined yet flexibleable to transition quickly between projects and juggle shifting priorities
This is a full-time, in-house position located at our Grand Rapids, Michigan, offices. The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary and benefits, including medical/dental insurance, 401K, and paid time off. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
* * *
Do you use freelance editors? If so, how can I get on this list?
We routinely use freelance help and from time to time need to add new talent to our pool. If you would like to work with us (and our wonderful authors!), please send your resume or CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your interests and relevant training, knowledge, and experience. We work with freelance editors, proofreaders, and indexers, and we are especially interested in freelancers who can read and edit biblical languages.