What are Print on Demand books?
Print on Demand books (sometimes known as "POD" or "books on demand") are books that are printed specially for you. A high-speed digital printing press produces books in any quantity, as few as one at a time. Print on Demand books can be ordered, printed, and shipped in one to two weeks, not months. The content of a Print on Demand book is identical to that of the original edition, although there may be negligible differences in paper type and cover image quality.
Eerdmans offers Print on Demand books in order to make available titles that could not be kept in print using the traditional publishing model and would otherwise be difficult or impossible to find.
To order Print on Demand books:
Print on Demand books can be ordered directly through the Eerdmans customer service department, by phone, email, or fax.
POD books cannot be ordered through Eerdmans.com at this time.
- Standard discounts apply to Print on Demand books. Please contact our sales department for more information (800-253-7521; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Normal shipping rates apply. Please note that free shipping for credit card orders does not apply to POD books.
- Print on Demand books are available as examination copies for possible textbook use and as preview copies for possible church study use.
- Print on Demand books ship directly from the printer, so we cannot make special shipping arrangements.
- Eerdmans must bill Print on Demand books separately from orders that are shipped from our warehouse, resulting in separate invoices or charges.
- Print on Demand books are non-returnable.
- If the Print on Demand title you receive is defective, please call customer service at 800-253-7521.
If the book you are searching for is not currently available, it may be possible to add an out-of-print title to the POD program with a minimum order of 15 books. To inquire regarding this possibility please contact:
Tel: 800-253-7521 ext. 505
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
or call customer service at 1-800-253-7521